hardy, vmware

Willy Hamra w.hamra1987 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 28 17:07:36 UTC 2008

2008/7/28 Girard Henri <girardhenri at free.fr>

> did you try virtualbox ?
> I think it's much better and lighter :)
>
> Le lundi 28 juillet 2008 à 10:50 -0600, D. R. Evans a écrit :
> > Found the fix:
> >

> http://blog.fekw.de/2008/05/30/kubuntu-804-64bit-essential-apps-install-guide/5/
> >
> >   Doc
> >
> > --
> > Web:  http://www.sff.net/people/N7DR

no one seems to give me a definite answer about this, is vmware any better
than the free alternatives available? i've heard some people complain about
USB support, which isn't a problem since i rarely use USB in my virtual
machines, but what about stability? vmware never crashed or did anything
funny with me, on windows and linux, not a single problem with network even
after kernel updates. i want to also ask about compatibility, are vmware's
virtual machines compatible with virtualbox? and vice-versa?
thanks in advance

--
Willy K. Hamra
Manager of Hamra Information Systems