8.04.1 so buggy I'm about to go back to Dapper

Steve C. Lamb grey at dmiyu.org
Thu Jul 24 19:33:08 UTC 2008

On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 02:32:11PM -0400, Brendan wrote:
> On Thursday 24 July 2008, Gerald I. Evenden wrote:
> > Firefox and Konqueror are mixed as to what works on what.  Java works (at
> > least partially) on Firefox but fails on Konqueror.  I can view youtube on
> > Konqueror but not Firefox,  ... and on and on.

> Java works partially? How do you figure? If Youtube is your metric, it uses
> Flash, not Java.

    Two separate conditions here.

Java partially works in FF but not Konq.
Flash works in Konq not FF.

    This leads to his starting sentence of "are mixed as to what works on
what."  If Java and flash worked on one but not the other it would not be
mixed.  ;)

       PGP Key: 1FC01004       | main connection to the switchboard of souls.