Can't change desktop background

Willy Hamra w.hamra1987 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 11:02:54 UTC 2008

2008/7/24 Jonas Norlander <jonorland at gmail.com>:

> 2008/7/24 Jared Greenwald <greenwaldjared at gmail.com>:
> > Just remembered that the same setting dialog is under "KControl" ->
> > "Look & Feel" -> "Desktop".
> >

> Hi!
>
> Thanks for the answer but I'm well aware of where and how to change
> the background it's just that whatever settings/background i try it
> wont change. In the preview window i see the changes but it don't
> update the actual desktop with the new settings.
>
> / Jonas

i'm not sitting on a kububtu system right now, let's hope i remember right.
if you right-click the desktop, choose configure desktop, in the windows
where you see the pictures to choose from, there is and advanced button,
click it, in the new window, there should be something about the program
used to draw the desktop, try changing it to either the default (if that's
not already chosen) or some other program listed.
 hope it works
--
WC Fields  - "A rich man is nothing but a poor man with money."