My "/tmp" directory filled up 64GB virtually overnight!

B tptagth at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 23 16:23:31 UTC 2008

Hi Gordon,

Yes, while I was mounting the truecrypt volume Dolphin was crashing and the PC slowed to a halt.  The truecrypt volume on the external disk is formatted as NTFS.

I used the following command to mount the NTFS truecrypt volume:
$ sudo mount -t ntfs /dev/sdd1 /mnt

Then of course I simply used the truecrypt program to access the truecrypt file on the external disk.  Sorry if I'm not using the correct truecrypt terminology because I don't have experience with truecrypt until the other day.  I created a standard TrueCrypt volume; I did not create a hidden TrueCrypt volume.

Thank you.

Brian