kdm login background

O. Sinclair o.sinclair at gmail.com
Wed Jul 23 04:16:49 UTC 2008

Derek Broughton wrote:
> O. Sinclair wrote:
>
>> Well I got that from one of the links I provided. Even so I think it is
>> a more than odd way to control the KDM theme that if you set another
>> login background wallpaper the whole thing stops working (kdm theme that
>> is) so I still see it as a bug and suggest the maintainer rethinks.
>
> Oh, absolutely.  Changing back to default_blue.jpg is a poor workaround :-)
>> don't know why your (Derek) /etc/default/kdm.d does not have the
>> 20_default... but I checked on 2 computers and it is there (both of them
>> Hardy 8.04 clean installs).
>
> I don't see it anywhere in packages.ubuntu.com/
Well, I don't know the inner workings of Kubuntu enough to explain how
it gets there and why but the fact is that I have on those computers I
have checked so far and that it is mentioned on the net here and there.

Did you not make a "server-install" first and then "kubuntu-desktop",
maybe that is why? I normally install from the Alternate Kubuntu CD.