unkown server error from firefox

David Fletcher dave at thefletchers.net
Tue Jul 22 08:07:56 UTC 2008

At 08:36 22/07/2008, you wrote:
>Hi friends
>In my ubuntu 8.04, I have set up modem connection to connect to
>internet, Modem successfully dialed and connect but when I open the
>firefox and type a URL It can not find any site, I can't find any
>setting in firefox preferences about dial up same as IE. Please tell me
>what should I do.
>
>thanks

Maybe your DNS is not working? Try putting http://72.14.207.99/ into
firefox and see what happens.

If that works, you could try visiting http://208.67.219.99/ and put
the information there into the DNS servers setting in your network
settings. I find it works well for me.

(Thinking out loud) But if DNS wasn't working for you, would you
still be able to send mail to this list?

Don't know, but try the above and see if it works.

Dave