kdm login background

Pastor JW pastor_jw at the-inner-circle.org
Mon Jul 21 18:20:26 BST 2008

On Monday 21 July 2008 12:11:20 am O. Sinclair wrote:
> John L Fjellstad wrote:
> > "O. Sinclair" <o.sinclair at gmail.com> writes:
> >> Have to continue this thread - now I messed up so bad I want the
> >> original Gutsy KDM login screen and background back - but HOW? I tried
> >> just about every setting in Login Manager and none of them come close!
> >
> > Edit the file
> > /etc/kde3/kdm/backgroundrc
> > change
> > Wallpaper[$e]=... *whatever you changed it to*
> > Wallpaper=default_blue.jpg
> >
> > Make sure /etc/kde3/kdm/kdmrc
> > contains the line
> > Theme=@@@ToBeReplacedByDesktopBase@@@
> >
> > Restart kdm by typing sudo /etc/init.d/kdm restart
> > or reboot
>
> Maybe I am not making myself clear: the background picture is not an
> issue but the login picture with Kubuntu-logo. That has "gone missing"
> and I can not find a way to get it back.

On my KDE system in the "System" or the "Settings" menu there is "Login
Window" and the second tab, "Local" will allow you to change that screen.
However, this machine was first installed with Gnome; I added Kubuntu and
Xubuntu afterwords.  I never changed the login window over to kdm but just
stayed with the original gdm.  Whatever session I choose is done in
the "Options"  menu in the login window.

--
73 de N7PSV aka Pastor JW <n><   PDGA# 35276
http://the-inner-circle.org