kmail/kontact and FF3

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Mon Jul 21 12:16:32 UTC 2008

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/slackware-14/firefox-3.0-email-link
>>s-no-thunderbird-650845/page2.html#post3195097
>>
>> for making FF3 work with Thunderbird, and simply replacing all
>> occurrences of "thunderbird" with "kmail" makes it possible to invoke
>> kmail from inside FF3, but I haven't actually figured out how to fill in
>> To/Subject yet.

I tried to modify that before it posted...  Actually the "To" gets supplied
properly when clicking on a "mailto:" link, but "subject" doesn't get
filled in.  It's useless for using the "Send link" menu option, as neither
the subject or body are filled.  I gave up and decided to have it use GMail
as my mailer.

> Late but OK.....
>
> The link above worked........   Thanks!

It's certainly a correct start.  Perhaps somebody else has an understanding
of Netscape's RDF format and knows how to supply the remaining parameters.
--
derek