Temp applet?

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Sun Jul 20 16:33:29 UTC 2008

D. R. Evans wrote:

> Derek Broughton said the following at 07/19/2008 07:48 PM :
>

>> Works for me - under "Sensor Browser"/"localhost".  Now if only I could
>> figure out how to put that into the system tray.
>
> Right click on panel | Add applet | System Guard

Doh!  I had the _application_ in the panel, not the applet.  Much better
now, thanks.

My thanks to whoever raised this question!  My acpi thermal module doesn't
always work after resuming from hibernate, and when the laptop's on my lap,
I know it, but if it's on the desk I'd like to see when the temperature's
rising.  A simple "modprobe -r thermal; modprobe thermal" fixes it, but
even telling acpi _and_ pm_utils to unload/reload the module doesn't seem
to do the job, so having the temperature display in the panel is useful.
--
derek