Temp applet?

David Fletcher dave at thefletchers.net
Sat Jul 19 22:16:16 BST 2008

On Saturday 19 Jul 2008, Bruce Marshall wrote:
> You are probably right on this but I see no ACPI in  Ksysguard.
>
> Unless a reboot is necessary.  I just loaded the sensor modules and am
getting
> good info out of the 'sensors' command.  But Ksysguard isn't telling me a
> thing.

I got

The program 'sensors' is currently not installed.  You can install it by
typing:
sudo apt-get install lm-sensors

So I removed lmsensors and did as requested above.

sensors now works for me, which I've never had before, thanks:-
Core0 Temp:
             +22°C
Core0 Temp:
             +23°C
Core1 Temp:
             +27°C
Core1 Temp:
             +24°C

These might seem low, but I'm running an AMD dual core, energy efficient chip
with the enormous OCZ copper conductor heat sink that's got a stack of big
aluminium fins and a proper size fan on the side :-) It should run for ever.

+27°C agrees with what I saw in the BIOS last time I looked.

Dave

--

FACT - Millions of people worldwide continue to pay money to one of the
richest companies in the world for its products, even though perfectly good

Registered Linux user number 393408

http://oneandone.co.uk/xml/init?k_id=6389763