Yum-like package list?

B tptagth at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 14 13:48:12 UTC 2008

Hi,

I'm new to Linux.  And am using Kubuntu. I've been using the Synaptic Package Manager instead of Adept.  I found Synaptic easier.

But, now that this email is about Yum and Adept I'd like to confirm that using Synaptic in Kubuntu is OK.  Or am I suppose to use Adept with Kubuntu?

And while on the subject of package managers; if I've been using Synaptic for a few months could I try Adept or will switching package managers mess up the system?

Thank you.

Brian