Strigi revisited

Pablo El Feo plberd-kubuntu at yahoo.com.ar
Wed Jul 9 17:50:54 UTC 2008

I don't really think it's a bad decision to support striggi. Actually it has
many pros... technically. But the results produced are still useless... At
least with KDE3. KDE people seems to be integrating a lot with strigi...
specially with nepomuk... althow they say it's all search-engine independent
and it can be changed.
I hope what we have here is a project in (heavy) development. And tune ups can
be done. To filter what it's indexed, to compress and/or compact indexes, to
better categorize stuff, to better show the search results.
I haven't tried KDE4 yet, but I'm looking forward to experience nepomuk... maybe
that's what's missing for strigi to succeed in... well... in actually finding
something.
But, I must say... Kubuntu let me down making it the default for kde3.

Regards,

Pablo