Ipod Troubles

jack wallen jlwallen at monkeypantz.net
Tue Jul 8 14:13:23 UTC 2008

> also, and I may just have to start another thread for this because it's
> more
> of an all around USB problem than with my ipod, but After I hit safely
> disconnect on my ipod, it still has the big "Do Not Disconnect" on the
> screen. basically I have to turn off the computer if I want to be able to
> take it out safely.
> This is the case With all my usb devices, because a light always stays on,
> or something similar.  Anyone else had this problem?

do you mean the ipod says do not disconnect? if that's the case, unplug it
anyway. i did it all the time and never had a problem. as long as it's
unmounted you shouldn't have any problems. of course you'll want to make
SURE it's unmounted.

of course with iPods everything is a bit flaky. that's why i stopped using
them. well that and mine has the old Raid Bug issue so it randomly won't
mount or unmount.