Video Cards on linux

Billie Walsh bilwalsh at swbell.net
Tue Jul 8 04:51:41 UTC 2008

Most of my computers seem to have ATI video cards. Not by my personal
choice just what came with the computer when I bought it. I will admit
up front that I don't use all the fancy stuff that most seem to. Just
basic settings.

When I was running OpenSuSE Linux I added the ATI SuSE repository to my
list. It kept the computer updated with the latest ATI drivers and
always seemed to work out great. Since my switch to Kubuntu I haven't
looked to see if they have a special repo for Ubuntu/Debian drivers.
What gets installed and updated through the usual repo's seems to work
just fine.

I've never had any major issue with an ATI video setup.