Ipod Troubles

jack wallen jlwallen at monkeypantz.net
Mon Jul 7 13:43:52 BST 2008

Juan Kawada wrote:
> I have two problems, is there a way to sync an ipod with amarok? I
> don't mean just transfer songs, but I mean sync as in, it'll delete
> songs on my ipod that aren't in my library, and add ones that are.
> I've googled this one, but I can't find anything, meaning it's either
> really obvious or there is no way to do it.  I  have a first
> generation video ipod.
>
> Also, I installed kubuntu for my friend, and it doesn't want to
> recognize his ipod touch, it thinks that it's a camera. Anyone know
> how to fix that?
with amarok it is as simple as dragging music to the device (from the
collection window) and then hitting transfer. there is no actual "sync"
with amarok. and you can delete songs from the device by right clicking
the song and then selecting delete.

as far as the Touch is concerned - i do not believe they are supported
*yet*. give the developers time though.

--
 /\__/\   /  Omea Mona! \