sudo - adept manager (?)

Steven Vollom stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jul 6 02:25:51 UTC 2008

David wrote:
> Thanks I now see how to do it.
>
> Does seem to be a bug though as it still didn't work as per previous
> "password issue" comments in the  thread.
>
> David
>
> On Sun, Jul 6, 2008 at 12:01 PM, John DeCarlo <johndecarlo at gmail.com
> <mailto:johndecarlo at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     On Sat, Jul 5, 2008 at 9:15 PM, David <davidp540 at gmail.com
>     <mailto:davidp540 at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>         Thanks, I would understand this is also run from the terminal
>         window?
>
>         How do I then call up Adept Manager?  Is is the command more
>         general to then use (I'm in Gnome) the desk top graphically.
>         I have looked for help on the web but I think I'm confused as
>         I'm asking a really basic question.
>

>     <Alt-F2>
>
>     Then type
>
>     kdesu adept-manager
>

>     --
>     John DeCarlo, My Views Are My Own
>
>     --

I just read your post.  Gnome is a desktop.  KDE is also a desktop,
however, KDE is the desktop that provides Adept Package Manager.  I
believe you can also install KDE desktop to your computer without
conflict with Gnome.  That way you can open your computer in KDE to
access Adept Package Manager.  I use and prefer KDE myself.  I hope this
is useful information for you.

Steven