fix wandering Dell touchpad in Kubuntu

Paul S paulatgm at gmail.com
Sat Jul 5 03:26:38 BST 2008

Larry Alkoff said the following on 07/04/2008 05:47 PM:
> There is an excellent tutorial at
> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=766683 by reassuringlyoffensive
> showing how to fix a wandering touchpad on a Dell that uses Ubuntu.
>
> Unfortunately I use Kbuntu Hardy Heron.
>
> The tutorial has the instruction to
> edit /etc/X11/xorg.conf (which I have done)
> and then
> navigate to System > Preferences > Sessions
> and click on "Add".
> Name it something like "Touchpad Syndaemon", the
> description can be "Disables touchpad while typing",
> and the all important command you need is "syndaemon -i 1 -d -t -K".
>
> There is no "System > Preferences > Sessions" in Kubuntu.
>
> What does it do and how can I do the same thing in Kubuntu?
>
> Larry

I'm not sure but think you can accomplish this by putting that command
in a file in your ~/.kde/Autostart/ directory.  For example, try
creating a file name touchpad.sh

nano ~/.kde/Autostart/touchpad.sh

And put the lines in it:

#!/bin/sh
/usr/bin/syndaemon -i 1 -d -t -K

Then make it executable:

chmod +x ~/.kde/Autostart/touchpad.sh

Then logout and back in to have it start.

hth