Video Cards on linux

Asuka Langley hunkumori at gmail.com
Sat Jul 5 05:38:27 UTC 2008

I don't get it. I have a 8600GTS ATM, and I tested a 9600GT. Every Nvidia
card worked fine with the "stable" driver, what is 173.14.09 right now.. if
its not updated to a newer yet. I don't think there is any problem with
these cards on linux. Nvidia had the best proprietary drivers always, and
the opensource Ati stuff is still very beta, and only knows 3d on older
cards, and that 3d is much slower than the proprietary one. So I would stick
with Nvidia. (well maybe 9800GTX in SLi won't work fine, I mean, maybe you
will see it flickering while playing a movie, or smth like that, but I never
had so much money to afford a system like that (who can pay that much
electricity bill :P))