Services

O. Sinclair o.sinclair at gmail.com
Fri Jul 4 07:21:01 BST 2008

Peter O'Reilly wrote:
> Yes they are enabled in "system settings  -->  advanced  -->  System services    ??"
>
> This services interface is completely broken and does not work at all.  This is a major bug.
>
> I can't tell if a service is running unless I try and start/stop/restart....on every service listed.

never thought about this before but for sure the System Service module
does not seem to do the job. Example: I run the WICD for wireless and
Firestarter firewall - System service reports both services as "not
running" when I can very easily see that they are.

Anyone knows an alternative kde gui for this?

Sinclair