black border problem

Jose Ricardo Bernardes jrbernardes at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 22:11:22 BST 2008

Hello people..
im sorry for my english... im from brazil..

so... my problem is that a installed kubuntu 8.04 in my notebook toshiba
1800 and the screen has now black border over the four sides...
I am googling this problem for the past 2 days and I tried many things, the
only thing that had changed something is that:
I included this lines in my xorg.conf:

Section "Screen"
   Identifier   "Default Screen"
   Monitor      "Configured Monitor"
   Device      "Configured Video Device"
   Defaultdepth   24
   SubSection "Display"
      Depth   24
      Virtual   1024   768

My resolution have changed to 1024x768, but, the black borders are still
there... so I cant see the start bar and everything behind the black
border...
what do I do??
:(
byebye