Services

Bruce Marshall bmarsh at bmarsh.com
Thu Jul 3 22:21:54 UTC 2008

On Thursday 03 July 2008, D. R. Evans wrote:
> Coming from Mandriva, this makes no sense to me. But I've gradually come to
> accept that Kubuntu has some (unknown) rationale for the reason why it
> tells me that things aren't running when manifestly they are. To me, it's
> one of those "life is too short for me to try to figure out what was going
> on in the authors' minds when they wrote this part of the GUI" things.

I'm not sure it is kubuntu's fault, other than using KDE to check on system services.

Most other distros (I came from SuSE)  use their own system tools to configure hardware and services.  I wasn't even aware that KDE had a services module.

But I would lay the blame with the KDE services routine for any confusion.