How to clean out ~/home

Joel Oliver joelol75 at verizon.net
Thu Jul 3 15:25:47 UTC 2008

J. Michael Morse wrote:
> Top level of ~/home?  I am not 100% sure but I doubt that is where the
> problem is.  The only thing /home contains are the user directories.
> There aren't any /essential files/ in the /home directory.
>
> You already stated that deleting the .kde file didn't work so my bet
> is that the issue isn't KDE related.

Theres alot of config files in a users home directory, they are all
.hidden files (ls -lha)

I wouldn't destroy all of them (rm .*)  Try to find the areas you have
problems with first (Like the .kde and .kde4 directory) and just delete
those.  They will be recreated the next time kde starts up.

The global config files are in /etc but those shouldn't need to be
changed for kde unless you want it to apply to all new users.