Speech recognition

Geoffrey Bays charioteer7 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 14:16:57 UTC 2008

Dotan:

Check out this article in the NY Times from 2006 on Dragon's Naturally
Speaking 9. Around 99.4 % accuracy, and that was two years ago.

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9806E5D6163FF933A15754C0A
9609C8B63&scp=1&sq=dragon%20nuance%209.0&st=cse

Yes, you can have a secretary in your PC, but we want a Kubuntu
version. That may not exist.
wine or win4lin may be the only way to do it.

At http://appdb.winehq.org/  you can check for how well windows apps
run on Wine.
Dragon Naturally speaking version 9 is rated a 'silver', meaning that
it runs very well with some configuration.

Cheers,

Geoffrey Bays