Kaffeine problem

Wulfy wulfmann at tiscali.co.uk
Wed Jul 2 15:24:19 BST 2008

Jonas Norlander wrote:
> 2008/7/2 Wulfy <wulfmann at tiscali.co.uk>:
>
>> Mark Fraser wrote:

>>> Try entering
>>> ls /dev/ | grep dvd
>>> from Konsole and printing the results here.
>>>

>> wulfy at kubuntu:~$ ls /dev/ | grep dvd
>> dvd1
>> dvdrw1
>>

> I think Kaffeine and other xine programs is looking for /dev/dvd as
> default. It looks like you been hit by this bug
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/udev/+bug/223534 try the
> workaround i mention there and you should have your /dev/dvd symlink
> restored. Dont know if thats the cause to your problem but it's worth
> a try.
>
> / Jonas

I'll take a look at that, thanks.

One wrinkle that I've found is when trying to mount video DVD is that
Konqueror can't see it *until I open it in Dolphin*.  At that point, I
am able to play the .vob's no problem as individual files.  This is a
problem in that I can't stand Dolphin... I use Konqueror as my file
manager (Firefox is my web browser of choice).

--
Blessings

Wulfmann

Wulf Credo: