controlling touchpad in hardy?

Joel Oliver joelol75 at verizon.net
Wed Jul 2 14:35:06 UTC 2008

> I figured it out (how to download that is) and it seems to work, will
> control it more in detail later tonight. But I dont get this? OK it is
> not maintained but seems not to depend on anything that renders it
> unusable so why remove it from Hardy?
>
> Sinclair

I don't understand it myself.... Nothing in my bug report at
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ksynaptics/+bug/208802 got
answered, even though they CONFIRMED the problem.... I think they are
giving alot less attention to KDE any more and most of the KDE bugs are
CONFIRMED...WILL NOT FIX because supposedly they are all working on KDE4
and don't care about 3.5.9 so.... having tried 4 and not liking it
(Total incomplete crap IMO, will take a long time to catch up) I have
went to gnome for the time being... sorry to say.. I have always liked
KDE, but I think they are shooting themselves in the foot.

  Joel