Klibido Does Not Launch

Matt Endebrock mendebrock at cfl.rr.com
Wed Jul 2 01:02:05 BST 2008

Hello all,
	I'm running a fresh install of Kubuntu 8.04 (64 bit) and my newsreader
application, Klibido, has begun to act up. The application appears to launch
but then, nothing. When I try to launch from konsole, bash just returns
immediately to a command prompt.

The application is installed
matt at Jenny:~$ whereis klibido
klibido: /usr/bin/klibido /usr/share/man/man1/klibido.1.gz

Oddly, when I log out and log back in, the gui for Klibido shows up (as if it
had been running when I logged out).

I have reinstalled the program using Adept (request purge, request install)
but the problem is unchanged.

Note that the "purge" option for removal did not function as I'd expected. Per
the literature, I understood the purge option removes all (some?) of the
configuration files for a particular app. After the re-installation, Klibido
showed up with all my Newsgroups and Server (and password!) intact. I'm a
noob, though, so I probably just don't understand what purge does.

Any takers?

Thanks, Matt