bootup

Pastor JW pastor_jw at the-inner-circle.org
Tue Jul 1 17:54:31 UTC 2008

On Tuesday 01 July 2008 10:16:21 am vincent PADILLA wrote:
> why do I have to remove one of my memory cards in order for me to boot up
> my system ??? also it freezes up every 3 minutes ??? is there any antivirus
> for the linux distros ??? what can I do ???

What have you changed?  I have to assume this machine has been working?  Heat
sinks and fans all installed and working correctly?  Does it matter which
card?  Is it dependent on the slot the card is in?  Are the cards the same
size?  Are you above the max memory allowed  for the motherboard?  Actually,
the freezing every three minutes sounds like the memory is too slow for the
motherboard or it is powered by too high voltage.  Either way the memory
would get very hot.  The CPU too hot should shut it down, not just freeze it.
Of course that will also cause lots of damage in short order.

--
73 de N7PSV aka Pastor JW <n><   PDGA# 35276
http://the-inner-circle.org