Messages on shutting down

Mark Fraser kubuntu at mfraz74.orangehome.co.uk
Thu Jan 31 18:55:48 UTC 2008

On Tuesday 29 January 2008 19:42:43 Donn wrote:
> >Are these messages logged anywhere
> > so I can read them when I next boot up and find out what's causing them
> > in the first place?
>
> You can try:
> /var/log/messages
> Poke around in /var/log too

That didn't show much, but I managed to get some of the messages with a
digital camera:

Starting Clamav virus database updater freshclam
Starting DirMngr dirmngr
Starting NFS common utilities
Exporting directories for NFS kernel daemon...
Starting NFS kernel daemon
Starting internet superserver inetd
Starting powernowd...
Starting Samba daemons
Starting Avahi mDNS/DNS-SD Daemon avahi-daemon
Starting DHCP D-Bus daemon dhcdbd
Starting Bluetooth services
Starting anac(h)ronistic cron anacron
Starting deferred execution scheduler atd
Starting periodic command scheduler crond
Enabling additional executable binary formats binfmt-support
Checking battery state...
Running local boot scripts (/etc/rc.local)
Stopping K Display Manager: kdm

I think they all have [ok] at the end too, which is what I would normally
expect to see at start up and not shutting down.