archives not embedded in Konqueror AGAIN

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Thu Jan 31 15:31:54 UTC 2008

Nils Kassube wrote:

> Derek Broughton wrote:
>> Nevertheless, the problem remains - this is going to break again, next
>> time somebody decides to update the kubuntu-default-settings package.
>> It seems I can remove kubuntu-default-settings without losing anything
>> else, but iirc it's been added in as a dependency of kubuntu-desktop
>> before...
>>
>> I understand why this is default - but it's NOT what I want, and it
>> really shouldn't be continually overriding my preferences.
>
> How about a dirty trick? It worked for me somewhere else :)
>
> Make /usr/share/kubuntu-default-settings/kde-profile/default/share/mimelnk
> a normal file, not a directory - and make it read only.

I was thinking perhaps I should copy the corresponding files
from /usr/share/mimelnk/application/ to the kubuntu-default-settings
location, then I'd get prompted by apt whether to replace them when
kubuntu-default-settings is updated - but that only works if they're tagged
as config files in the package, and I don't know if that's true.
--
derek