archives not embedded in Konqueror AGAIN

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Thu Jan 31 14:21:44 UTC 2008

Jared Greenwald wrote:

> On Jan 30, 2008 12:27 PM, Derek Broughton <news at pointerstop.ca> wrote:
>>
>> I understand why this is default - but it's NOT what I want, and it
>> really shouldn't be continually overriding my preferences.
>
> Have you filed this as a bug on launchpad?

The problem is, it's not really a bug.  aiui, it's done for a very good
reason - when a kio slave crashes in konqueror, it brings down konqueror.
This is obviously not good, and since the konqueror devs can't control what
kio slaves you're using, it's reasonable that the default be to never use
embedding.  If I had a better idea for a way to handle this, I'd file a
bug, but right now I'm just venting :-)
--
derek