Cinelerra on Kubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Anton Rolls anton at wilddsl.net.au
Tue Jan 29 07:54:50 UTC 2008

I wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Has anyone successfully installed Cinelerra on Feisty ?
>
> I've tried a package from the community website
> http://cv.cinelerra.org/getting_cinelerra.php#ubuntu
> I added the athlonxp deb package by Jure Cuhalev
> to /etc/apt/sources.list.d/cinelerra.list
> and then used Adept to successfully install it.
> Running cinelerra from konsole prints some version
> info then "Illegal instruction (core dumped)"
> and stops.
>
> My processor is 32-bit, maybe this is the problem.
> I will uninstall and try the i386 package...
>
> Regards,
>
> Anton.

I've tried 3 other packages as well and they all core dump
the same way. These are all the packages I've tried so
far:

  optimised for UbuntuStudio, with OpenGL, by Valentina Messeri:
  deb http://giss.tv/~vale/ubuntuopengl/ ./

  for i386, by muzzol:
  deb http://www.kiberpipa.org/~muzzol/cinelerra/feisty-i386/ ./

  for i686, by Jure Cuhalev:
  deb http://www.kiberpipa.org/~gandalf/ubuntu/feisty/cinelerra/i686/ ./

  for athlonxp, by Jure Cuhalev:
  deb http://www.kiberpipa.org/~gandalf/ubuntu/feisty/cinelerra/athlonxp/ ./

I'll try asking on the cinelerra mailing list.

Anton.