HELPP CDROM WONT WORK!!!

Donn donn.ingle at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 06:47:58 GMT 2008

> ok somebody help me... i cant enable the cd-rom drives. the automatic
> feature will not work.. what do i need to do?
Does your cd rom work at all? Can you try this:
(Type the command without the $ sign)
$ dmesg | grep -i rom
I get this among the results:
[    4.096000] hdb: GIGABYTE GO-W1608A, ATAPI CD/DVD-ROM drive

You could try 'cd' 'cd-rom' in the above command also.

We just want to establish that Kubuntu knows it's there at all.
If it's not there then you need to (and do anyway) check your master/slave
cables and jumpers as well as your BIOS.

\d

Fonty Python and other dev news at:
http://otherwiseingle.blogspot.com/