SMS?

D. R. Evans doc.evans at gmail.com
Sat Jan 26 19:12:40 GMT 2008

David Fletcher said the following at 01/26/2008 11:53 AM :

> It's not complicated at all. Once you've registered and set up a service, all
> you do is send email to something like
>
> <insert mobile phone number>@smsgateway.example.com

Yes, I do that all the time.

But that's not what Kontact wants. Kontact wants to send an SMS to a phone
number, presumably through the intermediary of a web or some other service
so that it's associated with my phone number even though my phone isn't
involved at all. The trouble is that Kontact is completely devoid of help
in this area. Not even an example :-(

(You  can see what I mean by clicking on the "SMS" that appears in
parentheses in Kontact after a mobile phone number; it's clearly not trying
to send an e-mail, but wants to pass the phone number to a program that
will perform the actual sending of the message.)

  Doc