SMS?

David Fletcher kubuntu-users at thefletchers.net
Sat Jan 26 18:53:40 GMT 2008

On Saturday 26 Jan 2008, D. R. Evans wrote:
> I am now hopelessly confused, Something that seems like it should be
> trivial (finding the right magic command line to enter into the "SMS Text"
> configuration of the Kontact configuration dialogue) seems to be impossible
> to discover.

It's not complicated at all. Once you've registered and set up a service, all
you do is send email to something like

<insert mobile phone number>@smsgateway.example.com

then your email is transformed into SMS and sent to the mobile number, while
you get charge for use of the service.

BTW I've not used any of these, I'm just repeating what I've seen on a couple
of instructions pages. But it looks simple enough to use if you need it.

Dave

--
Registered Linux user number 393408

http://oneandone.co.uk/xml/init?k_id=6389763