SMS?

O. Sinclair o.sinclair at gmail.com
Sat Jan 26 18:32:49 UTC 2008

D. R. Evans wrote:
> I am now hopelessly confused, Something that seems like it should be
> trivial (finding the right magic command line to enter into the "SMS Text"
> configuration of the Kontact configuration dialogue) seems to be impossible
> to discover.
>
> I guess I'll just wait until someone finally gets around to documenting
> this part of Kontact.

I think you may be confusing things a bit. If you look at sending SMS
from a computer you must somehow use a service to do so. This could
either be an online thing internetbased (ICQ for example used to have
such a service to several cell networks) or it could be a software that
somehow will use your phone to send sms that you text on the computer
and receive/store sms that you receive.

There is no magic "built-in" capability of any computer or operating
system to send/receive sms, at least not that I am aware of. Free sms
sending normally requires some sort of hooking up to some internet service.

Anyone feel free to correct me and you please excuse me if I
misinterpret what you are aiming for.

Sinclair