Accented characters

D. Michael McIntyre michael.mcintyre at rosegardenmusic.com
Sat Jan 26 16:57:07 UTC 2008

On Saturday 26 January 2008, Lisi Reisz wrote:

> real pain.  I can't use the command line with a US keyboard because,
> although I now know where to find " and @, I haven't got a clue where |
> (pipe, not the 9th letter of the alphabet) or ' or` are.

I share that pain, turned slightly differently.  I can't use the command line
or program very well with the Spanish layout, because all the things like <>
[] {} / \ are in totally bizarre and contorted places.

There *is* a quick switch option you can turn on somehow or other.  I
misremember the details.  I had it working, but it isn't working now.  I
think I held both shift keys briefly to switch, or something like that.

I did a quick bit of digging, and whatever I used to have set up isn't
remotely obvious.  Sorry, I'm not much use then, other than pointing out
something I know is possible somehow or other.

--
D. Michael McIntyre