Accented characters

Wulfy wulfmann at tiscali.co.uk
Sat Jan 26 11:52:09 UTC 2008

Rosalind Mitchell wrote:
> On Friday 25 January 2008 11:08:25 Wulfy wrote:
>
>> On my default gb keyboard map, «ç» ( :@þ ) is <AltGr>= c ...
>>

> I'm still rather concerned that on my gb default keyboard map, AltGr-c gives
> me ¢ and not ç
>
> What is the difference between your default layout and mine?
>
> Rosie

If you go to the keyboard layout section of
(KControl/Regional&Accessibility) or (System Settings/Regional &
Language) and select the "gb" layout on th right you'll see the setxbmap
command-line options.  Mine says:

setxkbmap -model pc105 -layout gb

There are also variants "basic", "intl",  "dvorac" abd "mac" which would
appear after a "-variant" option.  I think that's the easiest to compare
what we have.

--
Blessings

Wulfmann