Gmail hides my own kubuntu-users posts

lanzen lanzenesi at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 09:24:54 UTC 2008

On Thursday 24 January 2008 14:07:07 Derek Broughton wrote:

> I think it's a feature too - but it's a little odd that they don't make it
> an option.

I agree they should make that an option especially when the message is sent to
a mailing list where one _expects_ to see the sent message listed. As we have
often seen, and again just recently when even our moderator got caught up in
the cathes of a momentarely not functioning ML server, the sender feels
something when wrong along the pipeline and sends the message again once,
twice and so on.

When using GMail SMTP while reading locally with the favourite e-mail program,
a GMail account user should be warned about this uncommon behaviour.
Otherwise he/she will start thinking something has gone wrong with the
subscription.

On the other end if the user reads the list on-line on GMail browser's
interface he/she might never know when the message _really_ has not made it
to the ML - even if we know nowdays that that's' unlikely to happen - and
therefore may start thinking nobody has an answer to offer or, worse, getting
eventually hit by the "nobody loves me but my mother" syndrome. :-D
That is because in this case, as we have checked, the sent message it will be
correctly listed/labelled and readable on that web interface.

--
lanzen