I did Adept update on Kubuntu 7.10 tonight -- rebooted -- desktop is blank!

roger at rogerchrisman.com roger at rogerchrisman.com
Tue Jan 22 19:11:32 GMT 2008

Fixed it!

_Here's how:

I logged into a *failsafe* session (Login screen > Menu icon (at
bottom right) > Session type > Failsafe). Then I rebooted. Then I was
able to log into a normal KDE session just fine. Desktop icons, KDE
Panel, all restored to normal. Yeah!

I don't know what had caused the problem but maybe the failsafe
session login and logout washed the problem away, whatever it was.

Roger