Catch 22 Default Apps - Solution

Clark cpmcc at optusnet.com.au
Wed Jan 23 04:43:03 UTC 2008

The solution I found uses the the GUI System Settings > Default Apps.
What I was missing was the pull down section of the text entry line - a
box at the end with ... inside.  This gives access to the various
applications.   Just select and it inserts the text, with extensions as
required.  Seems to work well with Firefox but not so good with Thunderbird.

Clark.