Gmail hides my own kubuntu-users posts

roger at rogerchrisman.com roger at rogerchrisman.com
Tue Jan 22 19:40:57 UTC 2008

Hi all,

I can't see my own posts.

I use Gmail.com to read my email now (because Bogofilter in Kmail was
no longer even 90% effective at blocking spam but Gmail somehow is).
I'm managing alright in Gmail *and* enjoying reading my mail on
whatever computer I have handy, via the Web, instead of having to use
IMAP or read it all on one computer.

However, when I post to an email list sometimes I can't see my own
post (except in my Gmail Sent Mail label). My recent post to
Kubuntu-users, "I did Adept update on Kubuntu 7.10 tonight -- rebooted
-- desktop is blank!" never showed up under my Kubuntu-users label
where I have all Kubuntu-users posts go (I have a Gmail filter set up
to label them "Kubuntu-users" and then archive them and skip the
Inbox). All post to Kubuntu-users show up under my Gmail
"Kubuntu-users" label, except my own posts... grr... Anyone know how I
can fix this? I want to see my posts there so I will know they got
posted.

_If_ I post from my Gmail address which is _not_ subscribed to
Kubuntu-users the "This message awaits moderator approval because it
was posted from an address that is not subscribed to the list" notice
shows up under my Gmail "Kubuntu-users" label (I'm not subscribed with
my Gmail address and sometimes forget to change the From line to the
one I am subscribed with). But when one of my own posts, posted
correctly from my roger at rogerchrisman.com address that I am subscribed
with, gets posted to Kubuntu-users, for some reason I can only find it
in my Sent mail and in the Kubuntu-users list archive.

Is there an option somewhere in Kubuntu-users or in Gmail that I can
select to see my own posts?

Thanks,

Roger