OT - Understanding "The Bible"

Martin Laberge mlsoft at videotron.ca
Mon Jan 21 14:47:19 UTC 2008

> The Gospels were written later, but iirc the first of those probably 30
> years after Jesus' death.
>
> > It is highly unlikely that he wrote these letters
> > after his death.  The last books written were written by the Apostle
> > John who died around A.D. 100, so that is still less than 70 years after
> > the death of Jesus.
>
> That's highly arguable.  The Gospel and Revelation could be well after
> 100AD. I was taught that the Gospel is from c. 130AD, but admittedly that
> was many years ago and history, surprisingly, changes...
>
> > I won't disagree with you that understanding history is important to
> > understanding the Bible.  History confirms so many of the prophesies in
> > the Bible.
>
> Ack!!!  Name one - and prove that the so-called prophecy actually referred
> to what you want it to!  Prophecy is a wonderful thing, because if it's not
> so obscure that anything could be interpreted from it, well, history's very
> long and sooner or later something will happen that matches the prophecy.
> cf. the event that caused the whole New Testament.  Jesus may be the
> Messiah prophecied by Isaiah - he meets the criteria, but so could any
> descendant of David, and the Jews explicitly don't accept that he was the
> fulfilment of the prophecy.

Then the prophecy, about the resurection of jesus 2000 years later,
may have been true.

Maybe Jesus was resurected and is now called Jesus Torvalds,
and just disguised his name to stay incognito.

He teach us to share, help, care for others, build a community,
all in all, the same teachings than his predecessor.

We all pray him for new benefits in our lifes, and help
others to come to our religion, by converting them
from the Evil($) to the Good(GPL).

It seems pretty much the same to me.
:-)

--
Martin Laberge, 30 years of unix admin... and still learning!
mlsoft at videotron.ca
(418) 575-2945