Alternatives to Kubuntu, was Re: KDE 4.0.0!

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Mon Jan 21 14:10:09 UTC 2008

Clay Weber wrote:

> These mailing lists are *exactly* like usenet newsgroups, the only thing
> different is the delivery/reception method.

Or not - since so many of us read via gmane, it _is_ a newsgroup (though not
strictly Usenet).

As for the person who said something about giving readers "credit", he must
not read many lists.  I read four or five hundred list posts a day.  I
probably write 20.  I'd never keep responses straight without some quoting.
--
derek