Alternatives to Kubuntu, was Re: KDE 4.0.0!

ronw at paradise.net.nz ronw at paradise.net.nz
Sun Jan 20 21:05:19 UTC 2008

What is really interesting is that I now understand the discussion about
top/bottom posting so much better. I recently acquired a Blackberry but it
applies to any mail enabled hadheld device.
Bottom posting is so annoying. The recent emails on religion (yes I know they
are not relevant to this group) but the majority were bottom posted and it is a
real pain to get to the relevant detail of each message when you have to first
have to wade through heaps of >>>>> lines of stuff that you read earlier to get
to the crux of message.
I can now understand why so many people are so vociferous about how silly bottom
posting is. One of the list members even has a tag line extolling the virtures
of bottom posting.
Give a reader some credit for intelligence and allow that what most people want
is the message. If they are lost and want to know what triggered the message
they can read back by subject.
And before everyone dives in and blames my method of reading mail I think hand
held devices are the way of the future.
Lets all switch to top posting

-
Ron Wilson