Firefox 3

Wulfy wulfmann at tiscali.co.uk
Sat Jan 19 00:37:33 UTC 2008

Wulfy wrote:

>  Can some *please* tell me why I need to install GNOME to run it?
>  Xulrunner drags it in...  Does the Mozilla Foundation have a problem
>  with KDE?

I checked on the Mozilla website and downloaded FF3 as a tarball.
Neither Xulrunner nor the GNOME libs are in there.  So FF3 will run
without Xulrunner (seemingly).  I looked at the Xulrunner download and
found that most of the GNOME stuff wasn't there either...  just a
requirement for libgtk, I think.

So to answer my question.  No, I don't think the Mozilla Foundation has
a problem with KDE, just that Alexander Sack (who packaged FF3 for
Ubuntu) perhaps didn't think about those of us who don't use GNOME...

Are you on this list, Alexander?

--
Blessings

Wulfmann