Alternatives to Kubuntu, was Re: KDE 4.0.0!

Billie Walsh bilwalsh at swbell.net
Fri Jan 18 16:37:57 UTC 2008

On 01/18/2008 Dotan Cohen wrote:
> Thank you, I'll start getting used to it. Coming from you and your
> extensive experience, I have no choice but to follow your advice and
> get used to reinstalling tens of operating systems twice a year.
>
> Dotan Cohen

Sarcasm ill becomes you.

Perhaps rather than holding the hands of those you "convert" it would
serve them better to teach them. There comes a time in the lives of all
children when they have to learn to stand on their own two feet.
Continuing to codle them does them no good. You do them no favors by
moving them over to Linux and then just continuing to run their
computers for them. [ Unless of course you are not doing for individuals
as I understood an earlier message. BUT, doing for business's and
managing their system,s for them. ]

I know your feelings but, in the Bible it says that give a man a fish
and he will eat for a day. But teach a man to fish and he will eat all
his life. Pretty good advice.