(Newbie) [sudo] password stagnation

Bas Roufs basroufs at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 23:54:55 UTC 2008

Dear everybody

Ever since several weeks, I have difficulties getting my PASSWORD
typed in any shell console, after going to the SUDO modus. In every
shell I have been using, the problem remains the same. I type by
example 'sudo passwrd'. Than I see:

[sudo] passwrd for Bas

Also after other commands in combination with 'sudo', this appears in
any shell console I might use:

[sudo] passwrd for Bas

Several times, I tried to type the password from that point. But the
cursor simply gets stuck: it simply stays where it is. I simply do not
have any possibility to get the password typed.

This nasty problem stagnates many things - that's why I would
appreciate any help from some of you to find some way(s) to solve it.

Respectfully Yours,

Bas.

Viaconsensus
Bas G. Roufs M.A.