Kubuntu 8.04, KDE 3 and KDE 4 and LTS

marc gmane at auxbuss.com
Mon Jan 14 14:51:20 UTC 2008

O. Sinclair said...

> I am very much for keeping KDE 3.5 in Kubuntu 8.04 and make
> it an LTS release alongside the Ubuntu 8.04.
> KDE4 can be an option for those who are interested, just as it is now in
> 7.10

I agree wholeheartedly.

Because of the upgrade problems I've had with each upgrade since the
last LTS, I had decided to stick to LTS versions only from now on -
unless the upgrade process becomes a lot more robust. In the
circumstances, I plan on moving away from (K)ubuntu. (I stopped
recommending (K)ubuntu (for non-geeks) after the first upgrade to the
last LTS.)

I believe that the lack of a Kubuntu LTS is a bad decision.

--
Cheers,
Marc