Kubuntu 8.04, KDE 3 and KDE 4 and LTS

Donn donn.ingle at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 12:13:06 UTC 2008

> I am very much for keeping KDE 3.5 in Kubuntu 8.04 (yes I know it is not
> being removed) and make it an LTS release alongside the Ubuntu 8.04.
> KDE4 can be an option for those who are interested, just as it is now in
> 7.10

I'll take a longer view and say that my experience with Dapper was pretty
cruddy after 2 years and I had to jump ship up to Gutsy anyway. I don't
really *get* the whole LTS thing, but that could be because I develop some
code now and then and get irked by old libs.

I won't be bugging anyone to mess with their plans.

\d

--
"Life results from the non-random survival of randomly varying replicators."
-- Richard Dawkins

Fonty Python and other dev news at:
http://otherwiseingle.blogspot.com/