Kubuntu 8.04, KDE 3 and KDE 4 and LTS

Neil Winchurst neil at holsdev.vispa.com
Mon Jan 14 12:01:27 UTC 2008

On Mon, 14 Jan 2008 13:54:06 +0200
"O. Sinclair" <o.sinclair at gmail.com> wrote:

> This is some sort of poll to see what the people on the list thinks
> about this.
>
> I am very much for keeping KDE 3.5 in Kubuntu 8.04 (yes I know it is not
> being removed) and make it an LTS release alongside the Ubuntu 8.04.
> KDE4 can be an option for those who are interested, just as it is now in
> 7.10
>
> what do you think? As I know Jonathan Riddell reads the list we might
> send a message to him and the other developers this way.
>
> Sinclair

I have been reading the emails about KDE4, and it must be one of the
biggest threads ever on the list. My thoughts are that I will not
consider KDE4 until it has had a lot more work on it. I am planning to
install Hardy when it is ready, but only if I can have it with KDE3.5,
otherwise I won't bother.

So I fully agree with you. Your poll has started with a yes.

Neil Winchurst