KDE 4.0.0!

Ant Cunningham prodigitalson at vectrbas-d.com
Mon Jan 14 07:08:13 UTC 2008

On 1/14/08 1:50 AM, "Jared Greenwald" <greenwaldjared at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've asked the same question in #kde and #plasma on freenode and
> apparently the answer to both is no at least for now.  From what I
> understand, the size is hardcoded for the time being and the whole
> configuration dialog system for the panel isn't due till 4.1 since
> plasma as a whole is a relatively new piece of code.  At least that's
> the impression I got.  (I wondered how KDE as a whole could be out of
> beta without a configurable panel, but it's obviously not up to me.)

Well I guess I wont be using kde4 until 4.1... I agee it seems like a basic
thing but im only a lowly web developer :-)

> Also, in case anyone cares (I did), I've been told that there is no
> more multi-display panel.  Instead you should have two separate panels
> - one on each display.  I've had multiple (2-3) displays for many
> years and this seems like a bit of a regression to me.  I've been told
> by A Siego to not ever expect that as its apparently a broken concept
> (who knew).

Well I don't use multiple displays but im feering this whole new plasma
pardigm will result in the removal of the Application Panel at the top of
the screen ala OS X, since the first thing I do to a KDE system it to make
it as much like my OS X configuration as possible.

(awaits anti-apple rants) :-)